Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The white eagle has landed!

This is what we call our dad due to his shock of snow white hair and his Arab-like nose. Yes, bkkmei's dad has landed in town with the same excitable restlessness reserved for all his Asia trips. In fact, he doesn't really have a clue about what there is to do here except the Grand Palace. We've planned a trip to Angkor Wat but he also rambled on about a flying visit to Singapore within the 2 week stay. I knocked that one on the head pretty sharpish: "Singapore!? It's so boring!" OK the food is good, but hell so is Thailand's and a tenth of the price probably. I then outlined the things we could get up to including as many potential photo opps as was possible: temples, cabarets, markets, elephants, crocodiles, beaches, butterfly farms, flower markets, heck even floating markets.

As I tend to find that sometimes you need to plan your trips quite carefully in Bangers in order to avoid traffic / overheating, and as my dad vacillates like a pendulum on what he wants to do, I realise I'm becoming a complete control freak about our itinerary. Sabaai sabaai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home