Thursday, January 27, 2005

Baffled in a bank in Bangkok

I needed to transfer some pennies today and firstly thought the helpful internet banking site would do the trick. Alas, no! Having not registered the account beforehand, I trundled over to the branch itself. An ATM transaction was suggested and they even kindly took me to the ATM itself to help me out. But the recipient bank was not on the list and so they told me to go and deposit the money physically.
Luckily, on consulting some of the other staff, it was stated that for an extra fee I could use Bahtnet which would transfer the money same day. They were all very helpful, but I'm sure there must be an easier way to do this?

We move out of our temporary accommodation and into our new flat tomorrow. Then I will begin to feel more settled.

Currently reading: 'Welcome to the Slaughterhouse' by Father Joe. Yesterday, discussed with the other half re: flower girls dilemma. He said that in the end one little action won't make much difference. I can't believe that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home