Thursday, May 12, 2005

Back!

At long last, bkkmei is back on line. First 2 weeks I've got a valid excuse: holidaying in Indonesia.
I'll post stuff later I guess on that but basically:
Bali - it rained. The whole island is dedicated to tourism
Yogykarta - umm?
Jakarta - like Bangers but more corrupt and the girls dress more modestly.

Just before I left, the building's internet provider was 'unreachable' as the building mangement delicately put it - i.e. they seem to have gone bust. So signed up for CSLoxinfo and a week later I'm on line. As soon as I'm on line, spyware, malware and viruses infect my system. Personally, I reckon the producers of malware and viruses should be flayed and quartered. I spent ages trying to sort that out to the point the Fatt was not seeing me anymore, said I was obsessed and complained bitterly at the lack of attention.

But at last, I think I've managed to get rid of the bad stuff by reformatting, downloading loads of 'good' programs and seriously deleting lots of items from the registry. I probably deleted a lot of good stuff by accident too, but hey! sacrifices sometimes have to be made.

In the meantime, we've been on trips to Lopburi, Cha'am and Petchuburi. Fatt's work is getting tedious and after completing 2 months of Thai lessons I'm ditching them to do some other stuff. Oh and hurray! My friend is over - an ex-Bangkokian.
Also Fatt's mum is coming over in July, Fatt's brother has taken a teaching job in Songkhla (pretty much the epicentre of bomb-letting-off territory in the Muslim South) and Fatt's dad (who has never ever left the UK before) has said he may come over in October!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home